[sudo-discuss] wrote payment failed email code need some text and feedback

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:53:48 PDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 1:34 AM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> i think that if a person gets an email notifying them that their payment
> has
> failed, and then they unsubscribe their email address but fix their payment
> info and continue payment, then they should not be penalized for opting
> out of
> email notifications.

Personally, I would prefer not to give them the option to unsubscribe from
notifications about membership payments if they want to be a member,

Note that since CCL is a nonprofit with voting members, we are legally
required to maintain a method to mail info about elections etc to all our
members - and we decided long ago that our main method of official
communication would be by email, NOT snail mail. So the need to be able to
email all our members is already baked into our Bylaws etc.

Patrik