[sudo-discuss] omni wifi going up and down constantly

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 21:58:30 PST 2018

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:38 PM, danarauz at gmail.com <danarauz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jake. I asked because... that machine used to host:
> Private Network (NIC1 = 192.168.42.0), and  Public Network (NIC2 =
> 100.64.64.0).
>
> Have questions about the new set up, especially about the Private Network,
> but not time to write a long email.

The Dell PowerEdge Server (hostname 'space' or space.local) used to be
the gateway between the internet and our two LANs (192.168.42.x &
100.64.6x.x)

I set up a new smaller server directly above it (hostname 'saros') and
configured it as a drop-in replacement - it took all the old gateway's
IP addresses.

The dell server (space.local) is still up under a different IP address
(192.168.42.2). It's now acting as a shell server, and is no longer a
router. I made saros forward space's old ssh port so that peoples' ssh
configs would still work without any changes. You can ssh to both of
them from outside using different ports on the same domain/ip, but
they're still two different machines - maybe that part is the source
of confusion?