[sudo-discuss] Omni annual meeting Jan. 18th - call for sudodelegate, nominating officers-in-training

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:32:04 PST 2018

'ello sudoers,

Omni's annual board meeting is next Thursday (the 18th). Any sudoers
interested in being a delegate and/or officer-in-training?

Robb and I have been interchangeably sudo's delegate for quite some time.
It essentially involves attending delegates meetings (1st & 3rd Thursdays
from 7-9pm) and relaying proposals to and from sudo room via the mailing
list and monthly meeting for consensus decision-making.

Nominating "officers-in-training" was Laura's suggestion. Current officers
are Lynn (president), Brian (treasurer) and myself (secretary). You'd work
with us to learn how to keep Omni running in the day-to-day. I can say from
personal experience that I've learned more over the course of the past
three years than I have in any of my academic degrees and jobs - and the
rewards of successfully hacking bureaucracy are especially sweet ^_^
Brian and I will be sending out a defined list of responsibilities this
weekend.

Additionally, I have invited the Sin Fronteras cafe folks to tomorrow's
meeting-flavored party, but haven't heard back yet. Hoping one or more of
them can make it to answer any remaining questions and we can get to know
each other.

Cheers,
Jenny

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé

"Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon."
--Dave Sim, "Cerebus the Aardvark"