[sudo-discuss] Stripe Subscriptions

Kyle Mitchell kyle at kemitchell.com
Sun Jan 14 13:22:08 PST 2018

Following on from the finances discussion during last week's meeting...

On manual review of our Stripe account, I see 36 monthly recurring dues
subscriptions through sudo-humans for a total of $1,290 per month.

There were a handful of accounts with failing transactions.  (This tends
to happen when a card expires or a number changes.)  However, those
accounts probably add up to <$100 per month altogether.

If we expect, say, $1,200 per month actually paid, and our sole bill is
to Omni, for $2,000, we are running an $800 shortfall. $800 over 30
people is $27 per. $800 over 15 people is $54 per.

I've just updated my plan accordingly.

As I recall, one of the big open questions from the meeting was whether
Sudo pays any other recurring bills. We know we have insurance, and use
utilities. It wasn't clear whether those are billed through Omni, and
covered by the $2,000 per month, or not.