[sudo-discuss] TAZ 3D printer needs a heating resistor

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:04:35 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 4:04 AM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> If someone gets the resistor shaved to fit in there, i'll bring in the
> special
> two-part thermal bonding epoxy and glue it in, and then i'll hook up the
> wires
> and we'll have a 3D printer again.

Don't glue it in place with epoxy, or you'll have to drill it out when it
burns out again. It should be a tight enough fit to hold in place by
itself, no? I would expect regular thermal paste to conducts heat better
than the epoxy anyway...

Patrik

PS: the replacement resistor that Lulzbot sells is only $3.50, and I would
expect that one to fit the hole like a glove. They seem to be out of stock
right now though...

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>