[sudo-discuss] My plan to organize space and become solvent

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:12:48 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 3:05 PM, Captain Chesapeake
<daro120sudo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or perhaps what I’m suggesting is not possible given our structure/governance. I’m absolutely open to that as well. Seems like committees work..

It's totally possible. You just have to figure out specific jobs to be
done, and specific people with the skills and capacity to do them.
Which requires being familiar with both.

I personally think Sudoroom should run a census of all the people who
use the space. This could include a catalog of what people need, what
people have to offer. It could also include things like diversity
statistics, which is something we've always been bad at keeping track
of.

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd run these commands on sudoroom.org:

$ sudo grep -c 'sudoroom should'
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/sudo-discuss.mbox/sudo-discuss.mbox
52
$ sudo grep -c 'sudoroom needs'
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/sudo-discuss.mbox/sudo-discuss.mbox
23

:)