[sudo-discuss] My plan to organize space and become solvent

niki niki.shelley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 22:05:05 PST 2018

I don't think this is something that can be immediately manifested into a
workable structure which is one of the most difficult challenges of trying
to build alternatives to existing systems. We're hardwired, within this
system to believe that having the right set of systems or guild lines or
processes or rules or principles in place will shape up the ship but the
reality is: the playing field isn't level, we don't all speak the same
language, we don't al sharenthe same experiences, we don't all have the
same values or priorities or needs.

And so, we must start from of a place of, " How can I learn?", "What can I
do?", and really work with others on a very personal level. Rules and
guidelines are all well and good and valuable but nothingness can replace
trust and love and those things take time to build.

So I urge you to maintain your enthusiasm and to throw your shoulder to the
wheel, metaphorically speaking, and to know you're entering into a powerful
and loving community that needs all hands on the actual deck more than they
need more brilliant ideas.

I'm glad you're here and I'm not around much myself these days but please
know this is not a message intended to discourage you - we're building a
new world and we need you and all of the help we can get!