[sudo-discuss] Sudo Room 3D Printer Questions

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Jan 28 22:02:52 PST 2018

Hi Paul,

i'm happy to report that the nozzle heater resistor was recently replaced, so
as far as i know there is nothing wrong with the printer except that it hasn't
been used in a long time, so there's probably a lot of dust on the filament and
the print bed, and maybe the nozzle is clogged.

do you have experience using a 3D printer like ours, which is a TAZ 3 running
Marlin firmware?  I'm guessing it will take a little bit of fiddling to get the
first prints to come out well.

I'll be hosting Hardware Hacking Tuesday this week at 7PM and you're welcome to
come then and try to use the 3D printer.  I can help a little bit while you're
working on it, and there may be others who can help as well.

-jake