[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Join us for the John Perry Barlow Symposium

Hilary Naylor hnaylor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:04:33 PDT 2018

For the fans of John Perry Barlow...

cheers
Hilary
---
Hilary Naylor, Ph.D.
www.a2zed.us
Oakland CA

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cindy Cohn | Electronic Frontier Foundation <membership at eff.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Subject: Join us for the John Perry Barlow Symposium
To: Hilary Naylor <hnaylor at gmail.com>

This is a friendly message from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. View it
in a web browser
<https://supporters.eff.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=2773>.

[image: Electronic Frontier Foundation]

Dear Hilary,

Join us for a celebration of the life and leadership of the recently
departed founder of EFF, John Perry Barlow <http://www.eff.org/Barlow>. His
friends and compatriots in the fight for civil liberties, a fair and open
internet, and voices for open culture will discuss what his ideas mean to
them, and how we can follow his example as we continue our fight.

*John Perry Barlow Symposium* <http://www.eff.org/BarlowSymposium>

*Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 2 PM to 6 PM Internet Archive at 300 Funston
Ave, San Francisco, CA 94118
<https://maps.google.com/?q=300+Funston+Ave,+San+Francisco,+CA+94118&entry=gmail&source=g>*

Confirmed Speakers:

   - Edward Snowden, noted whistleblower and President of Freedom of the
   Press Foundation
   - Cindy Cohn, Executive Director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation
   - Cory Doctorow, celebrated scifi author and Editor in Chief of Boing
   Boing
   - Joi Ito, Director of the MIT Media Lab
   - John Gilmore, EFF Co-founder, Board Member, entrepreneur and
   technologist
   - Trevor Timm, Executive Director of Freedom of the Press Foundation
   - Shari Steele, Executive Director of the Tor Project and former EFF
   Executive Director
   - Mitch Kapor, Co-founder of EFF and Co-chair of the Kapor Center for
   Social Impact
   - Pam Samuelson, *Richard M. Sherman Distinguished Professor of Law and
   Information* at the University of California, Berkeley
   - Steven Levy, Wired Senior Writer, and author of Hackers, In the Plex,
   and other books
   - Amelia Barlow, daughter of John Perry Barlow

*Additional Speakers TBD.*

We suggest a $20 donation for admission to the Symposium, but no one will
be turned away for lack of funds. All ticket proceeds will benefit the
Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Freedom of the Press Foundation.
[image: eff.org/techtrivia] <https://www.eff.org/BarlowSymposium>

We hope to see you there,

Cindy Cohn
EFF Executive Director

P.S. We will attempt to stream and/or record the event for those unable to
attend. Check the registration page above for up-to-date information. If
you would like to donate to support digital privacy and free expression in
honor of John Perry Barlow, please visit eff.org/JPB <https://eff.org/jpb>
or contact Nicole Puller <nicole at eff.org?subject=In%20Honor%20of%20JPB>.

Electronic Frontier Foundation, 815 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA 94109 USA
<https://maps.google.com/?q=815+Eddy+Street,+San+Francisco,+CA+94109+USA&entry=gmail&source=g>.

EFF appreciates your support and respects your privacy
<https://www.eff.org/policy>.
Unsubscribe from all mail
<https://supporters.eff.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=36299&qid=80678602&h=c4c2fe178f130175>
or change your email preferences