[sudo-discuss] Ravers Ambitions, New Sudoroom Collaborative Project

Robert Chu robert.chu01 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 02:23:46 PDT 2018

 Hello Sudoroom Community,

About two months ago Ravers Ambitions was created for the sole purposes of
1. Community Building 2. Education Through Collaboration (ETC).

Rave stands for Radical Audio Visual Experience; which involves many
artistic, technical, disciplinary, and organizational elements. Learning
these skills alone could potentially be very difficult as an individual and
extremely time consuming. However that time is shortened when people come
together to share skills in a community/collaborative environment. And the
diversity of skills acquired are much richer when engaged with members from
different backgrounds, with different skill sets.

We've had our first general meet up to make introductions, and plan around
the purpose of this collaboration. We then had an informal (5 person)
lesson, on the Introduction to DJing. During these workshops, regular
contributors came as far from Marin, and San Jose, to provide expensive,
professional grade equipment, for the five hour meetups alone. There also
have been Sudoroom Members Omni Community regulars, whom participated.

There quite a few elements that are emulated from Hackerspace Ethos, with
as well. Nobody is in charge. Are transparent. Operate by consensus.
Learning, workshops, tutoring or mentoring sessions, happen because people
make them happen. Ravers Ambitions is the community that supports that. We
still are new and planning workshops such as: 1) Technical Equipment
(audio, lighting, video, etc) Setup, Maintenance, and Breaking down. 2)
Dancing: An Introduction to Movement With Sound 3) Basics of DJing, 4)
Visual Arts (LEDs, lazor display, video mapping, painting, etc), and more.

In addition I wish this project to be discussed at the next Sudoroom
meeting and be brought up for consensus as an official Sudoroom
project.This is so that if there is questions, comments, or concerns, they
can be expressed. Also to let the larger Sudoroom Community know of this
project as well.

Thank you Sudoroom for the support.
- Rayc

Robert Albert Young Chu