[sudo-discuss] upstairs laser printer

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed May 9 01:03:38 PDT 2018

I wanted to print something tonight and went to the web interface for the laser
printer:

http://192.168.42.2:8888/

(it only works if you're in the Omni)

and when I tried to print it didn't work.  Why?  Because someone stole the
ethernet cable that had been connecting the printer to the network!  Why would
you do that?  don't do that.

It took me a long time but i found a replacement cable of the right length, and
i put it back up there, and then i was able to print.

if you want to print, go to the above address.  If you just want to check in on
the printer (and make sure its ethernet cable isn't unplugged) you can go to:

http://100.64.64.88/

thank you
-jake

P.S. Tom Levine made the excellent web interface above, unfortunately it
doesn't know what to do if the printer isn't online.