[sudo-discuss] Omni Media Lab: Initial Convergence

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sat May 19 14:51:34 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We presented the proposal to the Delegates on Thursday and it was received
well. Hoping for consensus at the next Delegates Meeting on June 7th. Until
then, there's plenty to do!

*Who is planning to attend the meeting today at 5pm? I* am hoping to make
it, but may be unable to attend. I did put together a preliminary agenda
here: https://peoplesopen.net/pad/p/omnimedialab
--> this url also contains our notes from the first meeting last week.

action items from last meeting:
* Check how much of equipment is lockable, password accessible
* Draft proposal for Omni:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ebaHkaSeCWHKKEjbg6u-VvDzifF-eFuBX_b_HmdDv0E/edit
** To create the media lab
** Make this group officially a working group to build and steward the space
** Second proposal later once is built re how collectives, members, and
eventually outside folks will access
** Build out budget
**** DONE*
* create signs re: access policy and post them in commonly-used areas
* contact berkeley free press re: offset printer - robb
* contact TIL re: press - jenny

<3

Jenny

Help open a professional kitchen at the Omni Commons in Oakland!
https://omnicommons.org/kitchen

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé

"Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon."
--Dave Sim, "Cerebus the Aardvark"