[sudo-discuss] Lsser cutter.... Dead?

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Fri Oct 12 08:17:37 PDT 2018

Were you printing on vector or raster mode? Last time I used it there
was all kinds of crazy behavior until I switched over to vector mode,
cut like a charm.  That's the one tool I keep meaning to swing by and
use but never leave enough time to get set up for.
On 2018-10-03 14:10, robb wrote:

> i wonder if it needz itz contacts cleaned
> i'll spray the usb port w/contact cleaner 2day
>
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:00 PM Morgan Allen <morganrallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> @robb eeeh, not quite.
>
> @jake 4 bad USB cables then 1 mediocre one? Dunno, theories:
> 1)
> USB Connector is worn and the cable needs to have good springyness to make contact.
>
> 2)
> The power supply in the cutter is dying and causing power sags,
> the higher quality cable is more fault tolerant when this happens.
>
> In the end, stalling still occurred with the best cable. Other problems observed, despite various
> focal lengths I had to cut <30% speed, 100% power 4-5 passes to cut 1/8" acrylic.
> In the past I would have cut this with round 40/60 3 passes. This could be mirror focusing, which
> I didn't have time to perform. I also noticed a burnt spot on mirror #2.
>
> Between stalling and burnt mirrors I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is unsafe to use
> until a major overhaul is performed.
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:52 PM Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote: jeez do you think it was a bad USB cable or a coincidence of something else
> going wrong?  were you using your own computer or the dedicated desktop?
>
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2018, Morgan Allen wrote:
>
>> Of course I try "just one more cable" and it works. It shockingly lives
>> another day.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, 5:17 PM Morgan Allen <morganrallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Trying to get through a project but the laser isn't behaving. Stalls
>>> during a cut (with laser on of course) but manages tp start back up a dozen
>>> times before just stopping and burning a hole in the piece. Tried 4 or 5
>>> usb cables with varying results but still couldn't get a complete cut

_FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU, THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU, THEN THEY FIGHT YOU,
THEN YOU WIN_.
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if
this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any
attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this
message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.