[sudo-discuss] Omni commons Wifi Down

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Oct 26 13:04:49 PDT 2018

Thank you for fixing that Yar!

I don't think we need to spend any money to buy a UPS, we have plenty laying
around and it's just a matter of connecting one to the appropriate hardware and
connecting the battery of our choice to it, and then configuring apcupsd

the expensive thing about UPSs is that the battery they come with is tiny and
not cheap, but if one is willing to mount the battery outside of the UPS
battery compartment, it's trivial to find a 12V battery laying around.

first step will be to locate a UPS in the piles that has a USB port, so that it
can notify the computer when main power has failed, so that it can do a
graceful shutdown.

-jake