[sudo-discuss] an attack that happened years ago?

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:39:24 PDT 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:28 PM Steve Martinot <martinot4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is important to understand the details. Derick was working with FNB. He had been around all day, coming in and out of the building. Yet he was unseen by Ed and others, until midafternoon. Well, you know, black people tend to be invisible to a white racialized consciousness. Somehow, in the middle of the afternoon, somewhere in the Entrance Hall (not at the door), he came to Ed’s attention, and Ed accosted him. When Derick resists this disrespect, they face off. And that is where I stepped in. It was a clear case of profiling, but even more, of the tunnel vision of white racialized identity. As racial profiling, it was an attack on Ed’s part. This becomes central to the way I now look critically at the Omni, and especially at the sequence of such events that have occurred with respect to Almaz.

Wait wait wait wait ... what happened between Steve, Derick and Ed?
The words attack, accost, face off - I can't tell if you are
describing a physical confrontation or something else. Are you
choosing vague words on purpose? Either way this deserves way more
detail and I would like to hear perspectives from anybody who was
there. Folks, can we take this seriously? It's buried in a bunch of
other nonsense but it's important.

I think this deserves its own thread and a new subject line. The
original subject was "[omni-consensus] Proposal to Immediately
Terminate Bay Area Public School Fiscal Sponsorship Contract and
Member Collective Status"