[sudo-discuss] [omni-booking] Basement Rent

joe liesner blue393 at lmi.net
Mon Aug 26 22:25:44 PDT 2019

We of the Booking WG are not feeling like we are getting the cooperation
of SPAZ or SUDO in resolving the outstanding issues regarding SPAZ
holding events in the basement.
 Our understanding is that if Sudo is sponsoring SPAZ events
then a representative of Sudo needs to at least be present at those SPAZ events
and should be involved in putting the event on,   This has not been happening.
In addition there is BYOB alcohol at SPAZ event without any ABC permits
or any insurance;  there has been OC property destruction at several events:
there have not been sufficient noise reduction procedures at the last event and
people in the neighboring building have been kept up at 1:30am; and the
SpaZ events have left the premises strewn with beer bottles and trash without
having made a cleaning deposit for their rental.
In addition SPAZ has assumed the authority to extend their SUDO sponsorship
to others e.g. Chai CAT and SKAT.
In order to allow SKAST to take place on 8/31 booking  wg  must insist that
there is better noise/crowd control, much better security/supervision, no
alcohol, proper insurance, and trash removal guananteed by a cleaning deposit.
The tone of frustration apparent in this post is not the way booking would want to
communicate with our colleagues but comes with not having had a chance to
work with sudo or SPAZ f2f for weeks.  Hopefully with such meetings we can
get clear on some of these basics and work together for the good of OC.
joe, for booking wg (Robb and Roberto)