[sudo-discuss] new proposal - need input

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:12:49 PST 2019

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 1:22 PM Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
> Yar, i think you're being unreasonable in your blanket defense of Almaz and your
> requests are heard and considered, but don't change what i feel is obvious.

What "blanket defense"? I'm not excusing all her actions, I just am
concerned about where this is headed and the consequences it will have
for everybody if people are not able to reach a compromise. I have my
own problems with what Almaz has said and done. I also think some
people are going too far in wanting to retaliate against everyone in
GCEA. I believe we should forgive their debt, allow them to lock the
room, and also hold her accountable for how she's treated Robb and
Jenny (in particular). All these things can be true at the same time.

The phrase "sensitivity to being called racist" is really ironic. Do
you actually appreciate what it means to be a mostly black collective
in a white dominated space? Children in their youth program are
actually afraid of Omni. Do you care about that, or do you just care
about being called a word? Please. That's called white fragility, and
it's not something to be proud of.

David, I hope you'll participate in mediation as well.