[sudo-discuss] [omni-helpdesk] need help with computer stuff

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 13:36:30 PST 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 11:36 PM Julio Rios <julio.rios at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry. Yeah. I realized after I sent out that email thread.  Can someone show me how to delete the public thread?

Deleting stuff from sudo-discuss archives is a pain because it means
editing an 860Mb mbox file. Easiest thing is to find/replace the
person's name and email, including everywhere people replied with it.
I just spent some time doing that, hope I got everything.

At some point I should just write a tool to do this automatically.
It's hard to get right because of the combination of HTML and QP
encoding, and in my experience requires checking and re-checking
manually until all the edge cases are found.

Also, if anybody replies quoting the first email, we have to do it again. :)