[sudo-discuss] Opening the Harry Potter closet

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Sun May 12 12:18:59 PDT 2019

Last night I took the door to the Harry Potter closet off its hinges.
I started prying nails off the plywood on the other side as well. If
you had anything stored in there under the false illusion of security,
you might want to move it someplace else.

Should I have asked for consensus before doing this? I was high on
adrenaline last night and I'm feeling some remorse now. If people want
me to put it back I will.

But I do really want to open up that area by taking all the walls off
and clearing out the (mostly) junk. I think it's primarily a trap for
rats, dust, cobwebs, etc. I also want to replace the staircase with a
smaller one rotated 90° to free up space for a floor drain, sink
fixtures & countertop, and to make the upcoming flooring project less
complicated in that area.

Things that need secure storage could go in the server area, in
personal lockers, or Omni storage where appropriate. Eventually I'd
like us to build a 3-story pallet rack structure with a new common
storage area. :)

PS big thanks to Null, Ian and the friendly teenager whose name I
forgot, for clearing out the area under the staircase.