[sudo-discuss] A delivery Van for Phat Beets Produce

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:05:37 PST 2019

Please contribute a few dollars if you can and share with your local
networks <3

---

*Beloved Community,*

*We need your help to continue our good work* of connecting small farmers
of color to communities across the East Bay.  Our 2 delivery vehicles have
been pushed beyond their lifespan and *are no longer running.  *We are
asking our community to help us secure the down payment  on the purchase a
lightly used delivery van.

*What we use our van for:*
On a weekly basis Phat Beets Produce Van is needed :
-To Deliver 100's of boxes of local produce across the East Bay via Beet
Box CSA <https://www.phatbeetsproduce.org/>
-To Deliver 1000's of pounds of free fruits* and veggies to 5 different
medical clinics, numerous community partners and community centers, provide
boxes free of charge to 25 high school classrooms, numerous  encampments,
and to an Oakland Public Library.
-Free home delivery to customers on EBT
-To Support our youth program and urban farm/edible parks
-To Support community events with Self Help Hunger Program and North
Oakland Restorative Justice Council

*Free Fruit is donated weekly by Fruit Guys.  Veggies are grown at our
urban ag parcels and purchased from our network of small farmers of color.
Additional veggies for free distribution are provided as well by Food Not
Bombs

*Help us to continue to do this important work as we work to
raise $5,000 to serve as a down payment for a lightly used delivery van*.
Our earned income from our various RESTORATIVE ECONOMICS programs will
cover our monthly payments after we secure the down payment.

*Donate on GoFundMe Here
<https://www.gofundme.com/f/new-delivery-van-for-phat-beets-produce>*
*Donate on FaceBook Here <https://www.facebook.com/donate/796034607484126/>*
*Email mylan at phatbeetsproduce.org <mylan at phatbeetsproduce.org> for cash,
check, or vehicle donation*

Mylan Gerbeyesus
She/Her/Hers
Program Director
Phat Beets Produce
(510) 775-2182
...connecting small farmers of color to urban communities
*Support Prescription Veggies! Order a Beet Box CSA today!
<http://www.phatbeetsproduce.org/order-a-beet-box-csa/>*
11AM-5PM, Tuesday - Saturday