[sudo-discuss] Housing Justice Village

Autonomous autonomous666 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:12:01 PST 2019

As of early Monday morning 22 peaceful protesters have been arrested and
their personal property impounded.

“People will see and hear first-hand that (there) are deep discrepancies
> between what the mayor and her team claim and what is actually happening in
> the streets,” protest leader Needa Bee said in a statement posted to social
> media.

> Among the several dozen protesters was 71-year-old Kelsey Brenner.
> “I can’t sit by and watch what’s happening,” she told the East Bay Times.
> “The city is criminalizing homelessness and is not providing enough
> low-income housing … I look around at all these high rises going up at an
> Oakland … my own daughter can’t live here because it’s too expensive.”

“We are protesting because there are a bunch of empty houses and a bunch of

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/11/25/oakland-police-dismantle-homeless-protest-encampment-several-protesters-arrested/