[sudo-discuss] 2019-nCoV is a synthetic hybrid of SARS and AIDS

Nick Mapsy nmapsy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:37:03 PST 2020

Possible, I guess? But extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.
Glancing at the figures, I see a handful of amino acids that coincide. I'm
not enough of a virologist to know how likely that is to happen by chance
(or convergent evolution). I'll wait until I see something at least
peer-reviewed.

Nick