[sudo-discuss] RFP for omni dBA meter array

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 22:14:38 PST 2020

Hi,

It would be helpful to Omni’s well-being to hack together an array of dBA
readers for monitoring ambient sound levels only around omni’s roof
perimeter. Not this would not record anything other than dB (ambient sound
levels).

Periodic readings from around the perimeter would be continually logged and
ignored until there is a noise complaint, at which point we could review
and determine if omni or some exterior noise has indeed quantifiably
transgressed the time-weighted ambient noise ceiling for our neighborhood /
zone.

Handheld meters are cheap, but ideally what we want is a system monitoring
from multiple points.

I’d anyone has capacity to hack on this with me, preferably with hardware
hacking skills that’s be great - lmk -

<3
David

David