[sudo-discuss] reinstate Rannette's good standing

Scott Edmonds e at scottedmonds.com
Sat Sep 5 14:32:48 PDT 2020

I understand this is an older issue— did this issue with Rannette and the
other party get resolved and what is the current situation for both
memberships?

And a late thank you to Brendan for speaking out on the issue.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:33 AM Brendan Reddy-Best <b.d.reddybest at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I said "your 'community' space," but honestly, I still want this to be my
> space, too.  I hardly ever make a fuss about any of this stuff because it's
> all so futile, you know?  but in this case, I really want to make my point
> clear:  I think we should rescind our action against Rannette.  I think
> she's been treated unfairly. Even if she is "aggressive" towards you or
> your compatriots, I don't think we need white dudes policing our space of
> black women's bodies.  Matt, you claim to have acted in another's interest
> and you offer an injured third party -- let them speak for themselves,
> because I don't think it's your place right now.  If there was a violent
> incident that threatened our space, let's hear it from a witness or an
> involved party. "Something Happened" is not good enough.  Otherwise "but
> above all the Omni
>

> Commons must maintain a safe, welcoming environment" seems to fly directly
> in the face of the lived experience of too many black people.

> --
Best regards,

Scott R. Edmonds
+1.5109283469