[sudo-discuss] Running compressor this Tuesday

Marc Juul marc at juul.io
Mon Sep 21 13:59:52 PDT 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:45 PM Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> I'm so glad stuff is happening there!  That's really cool that you're
> setting
> up a CO2/humidity scrubber, does that mean we'll be able to survive in a
> bubble
> if Omni needs to wall off from the rest of the world?

Well we'll need some oxygen as well but I suppose we can improvise
something to split water and just vent the hydrogen.

This is actually a regenerating CO2 scrubber like the ones on the space
shuttle, where you never have to replace any consumables, and it has a
compressor that is rated for 24/7 operation so yeah I don't see why it
couldn't sustain some humans for a while. Though 0% humidity is pretty bad
for humans but I guess we can add a humidifier.