[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Everything must go & we are under-prepared

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 07:52:20 PDT 2021

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Yardena Cohen <yardenack at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 7:50 AM
Subject: Everything must go & we are under-prepared
To: discuss <discuss at lists.omnicommons.org>, consensus
<consensus at lists.omnicommons.org>, building
<building at lists.omnicommons.org>, finance
<finance at lists.omnicommons.org>

Insurance inspection is Friday. If we lose this insurance we have NO
OTHER OPTIONS. California Fair Plan is the insurance of last resort.
It's the government cheese of insurance. Nobody else will insure us,
because of unfixed electrical hazards.

Yesterday's work party was great, but it wasn't nearly enough. It took
a team of people just to clear out the spaz corner. Now there's a
bunch of stuff in the entrance hall and we don't know who it belongs
to. PLEASE CHECK THE ENTRANCE HALL in the next few days for stuff you
care about. We will probably do a dump run on Wednesday. We might
throw away useful stuff, because I honestly didn't want to be the
ringleader here and I don't have enough fucks to give.

There are still so many corners of the building that look awful, are
probably one spark away from being a giant bonfire, and I just can't
deal with it all. I need help. I'm sounding all the alarms here. This
is critical.

When this is over we need to have a serious conversation about
hoarding. Omni has too much stuff everywhere. It adds up a
thousandfold. It gives shelter to mice. It makes things uncleanable.
And most of it is not being actively used, it's just storage. We need
to stop being storage! No more storage! Sure some of it may be useful.
Maybe you can store one thing. But not ten things. We have to start
making the tough choices here.

The good news is, David Keenan just made us an amazing graphic of the
things that still need to be fixed in the next 5 days. Attached!