[sudo-discuss] Looking to gift a used CNC to anyone who has the space/time

Adam Munich me at adammunich.com
Thu Aug 12 00:44:53 PDT 2021

I do not share Jake’s concern and think this would be a fantastic tool.
I’ll get it working and also set up attachments for lasers and such.

But right now I’m in no position to move heavy things until my back heals.
Would you be able to bring it to west Oakland?

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 8:20 PM Jack Kern <jack.w.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wasn’t really expecting there to be room at sudo, I just know there are
> a lot of like minds there and maybe someone wants it for themselves. :)
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 7:15 PM Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jack!  I think I  remember using this back at Sudoroom in 2012 at the
>> original space on 22nd street!
>>
>> Thank you so much for letting us use it.  It's a generous offer, but I'm a
>> little concerned that the Z-axis is limited to just a couple of inches of
>> travel, and there's no way to machine parts greater than a couple of
>> inches
>> thick?  Is that right?
>>
>> While i'm very grateful for your support of sudoroom and your offer, i'm
>> hesitant to say that I think we have the space for it.
>>
>> Full disclosure though, I brought our Yaskawa K10S robot which works as a
>> very
>> large CNC!  I look forward to firing it up again and showing people how
>> to use
>> it.
>>
>> -jake
>>
>> On Wed, 11 Aug 2021, Jack Kern wrote:
>>
>> > Many years ago I had my small CNC hosted at sudo, I don't think it got
>> much
>> > use as I wasn't around to help people learn it. Currently that machine
>> is
>> > just sitting in storage now and it feels like a waste to keep it there.
>> I'm
>> > trying to clear out this storage unit and my move out date is the 28th
>> of
>> > this month.
>> >
>> > The system was gifted to me, and I have since gotten it working again
>> and
>> > learned a bunch -- I would love to pass that gift along to someone else
>> who
>> > has the time and space to actually use this thing! I would be happy to
>> help
>> > with setup and getting it running wherever it lands.
>> >
>> > Runs on mach3 on windows, I'll include the desktop and everything seen
>> > here. I'm guessing it weighs around 150lbs, definitely need a couple
>> people
>> > to move it.
>> >
>> > Let me know if I can answer any other questions!
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Jack
>> >
>> > [image: IMG_8531.jpg][image: IMG_8545.jpg][image:
>> > 59E3DE31-F32F-4040-826D-ECF25814A53F.JPG]

- - - -
Weblog: http://adammunich.com
With great power comes great responsibility.