[sudo-discuss] Ventilation fan installed over sudoroom!

Eric O'Connor eric at oco.nnor.org
Wed Jul 7 14:09:58 PDT 2021

At the risk of being a downer (but I also know Sudo/Omni is having insurance issues), I just wanted to point out that Cal Fire code 605.5 recommends against an extension cord going through a ceiling or wall.

> Extension cords and flexible cords shall not be affixed to structures, extended through walls, ceilings or floors, or under doors or floor coverings, nor shall such cords be subject to environmental damage or physical impact.

As long as it has a drip loop it’s probably fine, but I’m not an inspector, and haven’t seen the fan either.

Sorry if this is not helpful for whatever reason. If that is the case, just add this email to the long list of useless information flowing around the internet :)

On a more positive note: The control system ideas sound rad!

Eric