[sudo-discuss] Tablet security

Ed Biow biow at riseup.net
Wed Jun 23 12:16:53 PDT 2021

This is Ed (Ginormous is my preferred adjective, btw, Jake). I can come
over and set you guys up with a low-powered Linux computer any time you
like (within reason, mourning is an aptly named time of day).

If you used a cloud-based system (like Google Docs) for your inventory
it won't matter if the computer is ripped off (which is very unlikely),
your data will be safe & I can replace the machine, and if your data is
stored locally I can set the machine up to back up your data to the
sudoroom server.

My contact info is in my sig below, give me a call.  I  believe my first
(and only) wife is going to drop me off at the Omni for a few hours
Thursday afternoon (I'm a crummy driver and she has clients in that
area) so I can do maintenance on the public computers, so give me a
heads up and I can schlep over some hardware.

On 06/22/2021 01:32 PM, Natasha Zahn wrote:
> That sounds amazing. We will keep it locked to only our inventory
> screen so it’s easily accessible to volunteers! When can we get one
> installed? It’s spring/summer time and that’s when food not bomb gets
> an abundance of donations that often leads to waste because lack of
> record keeping! Hope this can bridge the gaps between waste and
> sharing surplus resources 😍
>
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 12:53 PM Jake <jake at spaz.org
> <mailto:jake at spaz.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Silver,
>
>     I'm sorry to not address your specific question but I want to
>     offer the option
>     of an actual computer to be installed at the location of your
>     choice, and
>     bolted down just to keep it from getting taken away.  The
>     computers upstairs
>     have been there for years without being taken so that should be fine.
>
>     I understand that you asked for a tablet, but it would be very
>     easy for us
>     (sudoroom, and Big Ed specifically) to provide a computer for your
>     needs, at
>     zero cost.  And if it gets taken or broken we can just replace it,
>     we have
>     plenty.
>
>     -jake
>
>     On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, Natasha Zahn wrote:
>
>     > Hello Sudo folks!
>     >
>     > Food not Bombs your neighborly collective at the Omni is looking to
>     > purchase a table/I-pad to better track food flow and inventory.
>     The goal is
>     > to have the tablet installed on the main Fnb fridge downstairs
>     but we also
>     > want to make it theft proof. Does anyone have advice on how to
>     installed a
>     > locked tablet to a fridge ?
>     >
>     > Kind regards,
>     > Silver
>     >

Now and then an innocent man is sent to legislature. - Kin Hubbard

Edmund J. Biow
328 Haddon Road
Oakland, California 94606
(510) 763-0591 Dumb Landline
(415) 623-6473  Cell Number
biow at riseup.net - biow at sonic.net - ejbiow at gmail.com - ebiow at yasashi.net

To subscribe or unsubscribe to the lists I manage send an email to the following:
Subscribe:
occupyoakland-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
oaklandprivacyworkinggroup-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
civilizethecops-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
occupyoaklandkitchen-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Unsubscribe:

     |-| '-' \    } ))      Warning squirrels: Einstein is on the prowl