[sudo-discuss] [CCLmembers] Sudo & CCL e-waste - this week!

margot velez margotsvelez at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:00:29 PDT 2021

Lab People,
Can we get rid of the old HPLC instrument occupying valuable bench space
next to our new bioreactor. It's guts are spilling out and I doubt anyone
can get humpty dumpty back together again. We have a newer, more complete
(?) HPLC on the same bench although no software or experts that can get it
to work, and we also have access to the BioCurious HPLC with both software
and experts to keep it working. As to saving it for spare parts: we already
have several boxes with HPLC parts (columns, cables, crusty parts and more)
that haven't been touched in years but at least don't occupy a lot of bench
space.
It's too big for the garbage can, so perfect for this E-waste trip.

David, can this HPLC be added to the E-waste pickup pile if no one objects
to getting rid of it?