[sudo-prints] TAZ lulzbot printer fixed

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Apr 25 00:01:56 PDT 2014

I heard the TAZ 3d printer was messed up so i went in there and poked
around.  I guess the vertical threaded rods for the Z axis are coupled to
the Z stepper motors by short pieces of vinyl tubing, with zip ties around
them.  That's ridiculous.

Well somehow (elliot) the Z axis threaded rod on the left got messed up,
and got all tangled up in the vinyl hose with the stepper shaft - and
everything got out of wack.

I moved the vinyl tubing up a bit on the motor shaft, and put another
ziptie on there, tightening it carefully with a sneaky method involving
pliers and a screwdriver.  Then i did the same thing on the right, just
for good measure.

then i put some papers under the printer on the right, until its base was
level with the earth (using the bubble level to check) and then i manually
turned the Z axis screws until the trellis or trolley or whatever was also
level.

then i set the z-axis homing adjuster (the red knob) and adjusted the four
corner adjusters of the platform until it was level.  I used a piece of
paper to measure the distance from the nozzle to the platform near each
corner.

i didn't try to print anything but i'm sure it will print well.