[sudo-prints] Hello!

Eric Allen eric at hackerengineer.net
Wed Jul 9 09:07:45 PDT 2014

Hey folks,

I attended 3D Tuesday last night for the first time, and I wanted to make
sure I wrote down somewhere the tweaks I made with Jordan to the Lulzbot at
Sudo Room.

After the move, we discovered things had been jostled enough that a bed
leveling would be required. We set to work, and in the process discovered
that one of the mounting brackets was loose because the one bolt holding it
to the platform had fallen out. I then noticed that the brackets had holes
for two bolts, but the second bolts (the ones without springs) on every
bracket came up from the bottom, providing minimal anchoring to the
platform. I went through all the brackets and switched the bolts around so
that both come down through the bracket into the platform, then completely
re-leveled the entire bed, including a re-setting of the Z stop screw.

I shifted the entire platform down by a few mm in the process, so that the
bracket that had fallen out would have a bit more bolt holding it in place.
As it turns out, there's a pretty big discrepancy in the height of the
platform between the (looking down at the platform) bottom left and bottom
right (the one that fell out) brackets, so getting the bottom right one to
stay in place required tightening the bottom left bracket as far as the
spring would let me.

A test print confirmed that things are very close to level at this point
and adhesion at the center is good. I'd estimate within 0.1mm across the
entire platform. Please let me know if I can help in any other way!

-Eric