[sudo-prints] Printing surface flaked

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Nov 17 01:34:09 PST 2014

I was printing a thing today (a lid for a beagle bone black case) and when
I went to check on the completed print, the lid had already popped itself
off the surface, but it had taken some of the glass with it! Very odd. I
left the print with the glass attached on the printer.

I think it must have been the combination of using the acetone+abs to make
the print stick to the surface and the rapid cooling given the cold weather.

Sorry to have messed up the print surface. I'll see if we can get a new
surface without having to buy a new heating element also.

In the mean time you can tell slic3r to offset the print to a different
area where the glass is still good.

--
marc/juul