[Sudo-radio] SRIG meeting tonight

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:49:55 PDT 2013

Last time, Marina got a crash course in liquidsoap radio switching, and
Rusty and I accidentally created Mix Tape Radio, which is still technically
running --  tune in when someone is playing a mix tape.  Or listen to the
Sound of Silence otherwise:  http://nthmost.net:8000/rpi

THIS time, More of the Same!  Why not?  It's fun to turn unlikely audio
sources into streaming radios.  The more the merrier, I say.

That's why this time, I'm bringing (and leaving behind) a laptop intended
to be yet another stream source as well as an automated podcast-cutter.  A
liquidsoap sandbox machine anybody (who asks nicely) can have an account on.

And I had a fun idea.  We could put a streaming radio "tuner" in one or
both of the rooms, a piece of hardware whose sole job it is to play
streaming radio sources through a stereo.  Maybe with a nice blue LCD
display like the one on this page:

http://wulfden.org/TheShoppe/freeduino/starting.shtml

And then we could set up an open-access icecast2 box (internally) that lets
anybody become a streaming source, and then the "tuner" could automatically
get a list of what's available, so you could just turn a knob to switch
between available sources, such as:

* Sudo Radio (live)
* Sudo Radio (programmed)
* Mix Tape Radio
* Radio Loki
* All Bad Religion Plus Some TMBG
* ...?
* Profit

So, come!  I'll be at Sudo Room from 8pm to 10pm, doing whatever I want
that happens to be streaming radio related.

I'd still like to teach some liquidsoap programming to anyone who's
interested.

Cheers,
Naomi

ps. if you'd like to suggest a different meeting time, I'm open to it.
 Rachel and I do-ocracied this meeting date/time and I just stuck with it.

"Nazis: love 'em or hate 'em, they certainly killed you." --Sean Cullen

--
Naomi Theora Most
naomi at nthmost.com
+1-415-728-7490