[Sudo-radio] next steps for the radio

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 00:00:07 PDT 2013

hi folks,

open call for ideas for how to move forward with the radio.

the radio is set up, it works (altho the rpi needs to be restarted fairly
frequently), but it is mostly sitting unused.

the kids use it on tuesday nights, i play music when i feel like it, ray
does excellent stuff sometimes as well, but otherwise it's not really
seeing much use.

lots of people (especially new and/or random people) are really excited
about radio, but i just don't have the bandwidth to follow up with all of
them and organize trainings.

so my questions are:

- what else can we do to help get people on board doing shows?
- would something like setting up training days and inviting people to them
work? (the limitation here is the tiny size of the room!)
- we've also discussed a launch party - this is something that we can
invite people to!
- i've written documentation, but video will help also (ray, i think you
have some video, yes?)
- does anyone else have interest in taking more of an active role
organizing radio stuff...following up with interested people, drumming up
interest, leading trainings, etc. if none of the folks currently on this
list are interested, then i'd be happy to put out a broader call on the
discuss list for more people to help coordinate.

anyway, please share any other ideas that you guys have that you'd be
willing to take on (or take on with help from someone else) for getting
people into the studio. i'm unfortunately at the limits of my bandwidth atm
:(

- marina