[Sudo-radio] Updates + Next Mtg

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:08:38 PDT 2013

You know, maybe the first thing we should do is try using the raspberry pi
as a drop in replacement for the current stream. What that means is just
sourcing the credentials that allow the current stream to send off to the
server, and putting those credentials into the raspberry pi to use it as
the stream source.  Then we just physically plug the audio out of the
computer into the USB audio device attached to the RPi, and it should just
work.

That would at least be a good proof of concept of the first "hop" we intend
in the new paradigm.

After that, we can set up a stream relay on my server, sourcing the
published stream, and that way we can start playing around with stream
scheduling and fixed playlist queuing and things like that.

I will walk through all of the above tonight to make sure people understand
and can duplicate this stuff themselves.

--Naomi

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013, Marina Kukso wrote:

> Great!
>
> Also my mother will be there and we might try chatting a bit on the
> current stream :) I'm not sure how late I'll be able to stay after the
> meeting, but will try!
>
> Best,
> Marina
>

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Naomi Gmail <pnaomi at gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'pnaomi at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> To be honest I couldn't make much time for it this past week (new job
>> came with steep learning curve). but I will be there tonight -- this time
>> with a female/female 1/8" audio cable joiner. :)
>>
>> Rachel said she'd be there with her Rpi, and maybe we can do an RPi mind
>> meld.
>>
>> I am willing to donate my own equipment if we get it all set up and
>> working tonight.  I just can't donate this particular RPi since it's not
>> mine. but like I said last time, it can live in the studio until a clone
>> steps up to take its place.
>>
>> As far as stream scripting goes, I am ready to "teach" the craft tonight,
>> and most likely we can workshop the whole sudo radio chain into existence
>> in the process.
>>
>> sound ok?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Mar 12, 2013, at 6:52 PM, Marina Kukso <marina.kukso at gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'marina.kukso at gmail.com');>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > hi everyone,
>> >
>> > shani and i are in the studio trying out recording. for future record,
>> on audacity, output needs to be set to HDA Intel: ALC888 Analog (hw0:0) to
>> play back :)
>> >
>> > naomi, did you make any headway with the streams?
>> >
>> > we agreed after our last meeting to meet on wednesday after the normal
>> sudo meeting.
>> >
>> > see you soon,
>> > marina

Naomi Theora Most