[Sudo-radio] SRIG meeting 3/19/2013

rusty lindgren rustylindgren at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:37:20 PDT 2013

Hey good job on that, btw.  Sorry, I didn't have more than about 5-10
minutes last night to myself(or all week).

I can help get some monitor speakers in there.  I might have the cabling
you need for that set-up.  Let me know exactly what cables you want, and
I'll score some small powered speakers.

-Rusty

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:

> SRIG (sudo radio interest group) meeting: Infrastructure Buildout
>
> attendees: nthmost.
>
> This is a set of 10 pics describing what happened in the 2 hours from
> 8pm to 10pm in which we (meaning I) rearranged almost everything in
> the sudo radio room, "installed" power strips, created incredible (to
> me) amounts of open space, wrapped and sorted cables, and sang along
> loudly to mid-90s punk rock.
>
> http://nthmost.net/albums/SRIG-2013-03-19/
>
> Check out the album at the above link and read the captions to learn
> specifics and to see where some more attention is needed.  Mostly what
> we need is:
>
> * Decent radio "monitor" speakers (to hear what the listeners are hearing)
> * Cabling to whatever mixer we decide to use (that behemoth seems to work!)
> * Cabling from computer to RPi
>
> This makes me feel good.  It's a much firmer foundation upon which to
> build a "station".
>
> Next step:  Actually Install The Damn RPi.
>
> Next meeting date: Tuesday, 3/26/2013 - 8pm
>

> --
> Naomi Theora Most
> naomi at nthmost.com
> +1-415-728-7490