[Sudo-radio] sudo radio meeting tonight

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 15:03:51 PDT 2013

Hey all -- couple of brief items related to the "radio" "station"
we're setting up.

This is tonight's agenda, but I'm posting it also the main list to ask
for some specific help.

1 - Tonight at 8pm our Meeting will take the format of a workshop
meant to produce the script that will be the "switchboard" for
end-listener stream.

I'm going to focus on teaching the use of liquidsoap as an audio
swiss-army-knife.  It's kinda weird (based in OCaml) but once you get
the hang of it, oh the POWER!

2 - There will be a Raspberry Pi installed in the radio room.  It will
be readily identifiable as the radio R-Pi b/c it has a sticker of
lightening in a fist. Of course.

3 - There's a small network switch that is obviously underutilized.
Please don't remove it or unplug it UNLESS you find a smaller one you
can put in (like a 5-port hub would be fine), or you feel like running
another ethernet cable from the main switch.  This little switch is
infrastructure awaiting the putting-in of the R-Pi.

4 - HELP NEEDED - we're going to need to punch a few port-holes in the
router for outside access to icecast running locally and for ssh to
the R-Pi.  (If there's a better solution, I'm all ears.)

5 - Come play!  If you want to participate or learn more about what
we're doing, join the sudo-radio list, which is very low-traffic (most
days no mail at all) at the moment: