[sudo-sys] We need access to our router/AP

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Wed May 29 15:13:41 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Matthew Meier <wolfy at wlfy.it> wrote:
> The modem should be provided by the ISP and shouldn't require any config
> minus occasionally needing to disable the built in firewall. The Pix Device
> is the Firewall and Router. You only need to mess with firewall settings
> with mucking about with the port forwards. The rules in the firewall
> reference the "Outward facing Interface" so their IP information should
> adjust once the IP settings are changed.

So, I've followed all your instructions - we are on the exact same
subnet with the same default route, so all I had to change was our
static IP. I also noticed that the firewall rules referred to
"TheInternet-Interface" which still had our old IP, so I changed that
too. Right now we have connectivity through LMI, but it is relatively
slow, and there is a bizarrely recurring service outage of exactly 1
minute every 3 minutes, so no connectivity at these times:

   2:39:38 until 2:40:38
   2:42:38 until 2:43:38
   3:09:38 until 3:10:48

... and so on.

I don't know enough about this machine to troubleshoot a whole lot.
I'm not even sure how to reboot it...