[sudo-sys] [Reboot] Authentication system

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:55:43 PDT 2014

I've been thinking about how we could to encourage app development without
having to increase the administrative costs, especially for user
authentication.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with authentication systems
(CAS or otherwise) that they can share?

Specifically, it seems like Mozilla Persona is a really good solution for
us to implement and work towards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Persona

A lot of systems already have libraries or support:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Persona/Libraries_and_plugins

It would be easy to implement using Mozilla.org as the provider, but due to
decentralization of the system, we should be able to point to our own
implemented server instead in the future.

Or perhaps there is a better alternative?

// Matt