[sudo-sys] Preliminary Wishlist and Network/Reboot page

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Sun May 18 00:16:46 PDT 2014

Updated the network reboot page with further progress
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Network/Reboot

Successfully installed OpenWRT on Bullet 2HP router, configured it to
access existing local network broadcasting from separate device as well as
broadcast Bullet's own secondary network without an ethernet internet
connection. Additionally configured an old Linksys WRT54Gc (compact) to act
as a switch, used ethernet port from Bullet 2HP router's
Power-Over-Ethernet injector to provide internet access to
ethernet-connected devices on the Linksys WRT54Gc.

All of it works fine so far, but there are definitely performance hits at
each step. Thinking ways to improve are:

* Possibly use an alternative repeater mode with the OpenWRT router
* Use a proper switch (no configuration required, maybe even higher quality)
* Use higher quality primary network router for internet access and a
strong broadcast wireless network

// Matt