[sudo-sys] Cable Internet for Deconstruction Event

Ben Burke benjaminburke at me.com
Wed Nov 5 11:09:11 PST 2014

Fantastic People,

Today comcast installed business cable internet service at omni for supporting the upcoming Deconstruction event. It terminates in the ticket room where the existing cable penetration is. A very small router is mounted to the wall next to the ticket window. This works because Deconstruction's network needs will be near the back of the ballroom. After the event, Jason Naumoff (Deconstruction guy, CC’d on this message) will cancel the connection. Jason and/or his people will test the connection before the event. I have the IP details of the link if we need them, but we should probably just stay off that connection since it belongs to our event customer.

It might be of interest that there is existing coax running from the ticket room to other parts of the building. It looks like it branches off to some place downstairs and some place upstairs, probably where John G.’s residence was. In the future it would be possible to leverage part of this cable run to terminate the cable at the sudoroom racks.

Also of note: the cable signal coming into the building is VERY strong, so strong in fact that comcast put in a splitter to degrade the signal to a reasonable level so that the router can be installed in the ticket room. This bodes well for future connections that could terminate at the sudoroom racks.

That is all.

Ben