[sudo-sys] *** SECURITY information for sudoroom.org ***

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:37:39 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Charley Sheets <rcsheets at acm.org> wrote:
> I'm removing them as I find them, at this point just because there
> seems to be no reason to keep them around. Another thing we could do,
> but I'm not sure it's worth the effort, is to normalize
> username+tag at gmail.com to username at gmail.com in order to avoid sending
> duplicate confirmation emails to what's *actually* the same address.

A few of our legitimate users actually use +tags. Normalizing those
wouldn't be very nice.

When I was clearing out the queue, I used kind of a blunt hammer...

$ sudo grep -rl ubercoffeetime /var/spool/postfix/defer* | parallel -j
1 sudo rm -v

But that won't work as well anymore now that we're talking about it :D