[sudo-sys] omni now meshed via tunnel

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Sun Mar 13 21:44:57 PDT 2016

When connecting to peoplesopen.net in omni you will now be able to talk to
the rest of the mesh. Until we mount something on the roof this is
happening via a tunnel.

This also means that anything plugged into the correct switch in the server
rack will get a mesh IP and be accessible by anyone on the mesh. If someone
wants to set up mesh services it is now very easy.

Be aware that the peoplesopen.net network at omni does not pipe
internet-bound traffic through a VPN since we don't care about that added
layer of protection at sudo room.

I set up tunneldigger (which establishes l2tp tunnels) and babeld (mesh
routing protocol) on room.sudoroom.org

The startup script is in /etc/init.d/tunneldigger

The hook script called once the tunnel is up is at /opt/mesh_tunnel/hook.sh

--
marc/juul