[sudo-sys] Adding Scuttlebutt to sudo gateway

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 00:59:42 PDT 2019

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 4:19 PM <cel at celehner.com> wrote:
> Thanks Marc for sharing this idea. Yes, I would like to set up a Scuttlebutt node at Sudo Room. I would like it to be on the same LAN as the Omni Commons AP, so that people in the space can discover it via UDP broadcast. Where would be a good place to put this?

I would suggest space.local, it's the closest thing we have to a shell
server. However, be warned that this is an old machine running Ubuntu
14.04 (EOL) and I plan to replace it as soon as somebody can find some
better hardware with more reasonable power consumption.

I'd be fine trusting you with access to the gateway machine if you
want, but I think it would be best if we kept it as strictly a gateway
machine rather than have it turn into another generic shell server.

Send me an ssh key (rsa cuz it's old) and I'll send you instructions.