[sudo-sys] Adding Scuttlebutt to sudo gateway

cel at celehner.com cel at celehner.com
Thu Aug 8 11:03:04 PDT 2019

Thanks Yar for helping me get this set up. A scuttlebutt instance (ssb-server) is now running at ssb at space.local.

Could we get port 8008 forwarded to this server from WAN?

Another issue: the server is on the Wired subnet, so it is not discoverable by peers on the WiFi subnet. It should be discoverable over WiFi to be most useful. To make this peer discovery work, would it be feasible to forward UDP broadcast packets between the subnets (or just from Wired to WiFi)? Alternatively, a script could run on the WiFi subnet to send the periodic UDP broadcast packets advertising the ssb-server at space.local. Could such a script run on the gateway server?

--
~cel