[sudo-sys] Room server

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 16:01:04 PDT 2020

Hello,

Today I paid a quick visit to the sudomesh/server room area, and this is my
report back:

a) The paper with the description of each patch panel port is still pinned
to the wall.  Image attached to this email.
b) I didn't touch anything, just took a quick visual check, and took a few
photos.
c)  For the record I am typing those pp port descriptions here:

Lucent CAT5e Patch Panel
Por 1: Sudoroom Gateway Server NIC 2
Port 20: Mesh Built Server
Port 22: Sudoroom GW Server NIC 1
Port 26: Ballroom 1 (WAP)
Port 27: Ballroom 2 (WAP)
Port 32: 2nd Floor Switch (Switch - WAP)
Port 33: 3D Printing Area
Port 34: Basement (WAP)
Port 35: CCL (WAP)
Port 36: Disco Room (WAP)
Note the WAP Controller that is next to the patch panel needs to be in the
same Public VLAN with the WAPs. There are three white more cables
coming/going from LLens (basement as well), but those are not labeled.

*What is the solution?*
One could be to get a working PoE+ switch on the Public VLAN, and plug the
WAP, and the WAP Controller appliance runs into it. This would be the
easiest.
Second option: That someone configures the current HP switch to handle the
Private and Public VLANs, and carve some ports for each VLAN. This requires
a higher Kung Fu than I can provide.

Thank you,

Daniel