[sudo-sys] [omni-sys] Main switch fan fault

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:13:15 PDT 2020

I've been troubleshooting at omni for a while now. The wifi appears to
work for me, as do the main gateway and the door computer, but various
ethernet-connected devices do not work. I don't know why, but I
suspect the problem is one of the switches is either misconfigured or
malfunctioning, or the maze of ethernet got incorrectly rearranged
somehow in yesterday's withdrawal-induced panic.

I didn't set up these switches, or the connections throughout the
building, the cables are not labelled, and I don't know if the
switches are documented. I'm exhausted and frustrated because I
couldn't figure this out in 2 hours, because things weren't labelled,
and because there's so many people in the building who don't seem to
be here for essential work, and/or who aren't wearing masks or wearing
them improperly.

I'm not even enthusiastic about making the public computers or office
computers work again, because I'm not convinced they are essential
enough to encourage people to sit around and put food service workers
at greater risk.

So I'm going home. Sorry all, someone else will have to figure this out.