[sudo-sys] [omni-sys] Main switch fan fault

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:16:45 PDT 2020

I kind of recall that I assigned static IPs to the wireless controller, and
all HP switches. -Not sure about the APs, most likely no.

I also remember that the two switches at the four post rack, one is in the
Public VLAN, and the other is in the Private one.

So, your thought of static vs dynamic makes sense as a posible cause of the
issue.

And thanks, I learned two new words from your previous email. :)

“ meatspace <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meatspace>
Deriving from cyberpunk novels, meatspace is the world outside of the
'net-- that is to say, the real world, where you do things with your body
rather than with your keyboard. William Gibson's
<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gibson%27s> novels (
Neuromancer <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Neuromancer>, Mona
Lisa <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mona%20Lisa>Overdrive,
and Count Zero in particular) note the difference between the 'Net of the
console cowboys and the world of the meat outside.”
“ bit rot <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bit%20rot>
A tounge <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tounge> in cheek
explanation from programmers as to why an old program no longer works, even
if it hasn't been touched in years.
Also applys to the decay
<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=decay> of physical storage
<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=storage>mediums.