[Tmpcommonsnet] NCL discussion

charles at knownelement.com charles at knownelement.com
Fri Sep 13 08:34:59 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Very excited thay we have a list spun up for discussion of the NCL. As I wasn't in Oakland and haven't seen any notes of the discussions re NCL, would someone mind summarizing the conversation here?

Isasc gave me a couple bullet points, mainly around the cteative commons aspect with clauses that can be swapped in/out.

Would love to know more, especially any questions/concerns around the NCL as it currently stands. The draft on the FNF wiki is fairly complete,  though the definitions need some work. I would very much like to have a fairly complete draft by the berlin wireless summit, so we can present and circulate widely for feedback.

I believe that the NCL captures the spirit of what we as collective hackers/makers/technologists/activists etc want a network (and federation of networks) to be. The wider we can circulate and get feedback the better.
--
Charles Wyble
(818) 280-7059 charles at knownelement.com
CTO Free Network Foundation (thefnf.org)